Wednesday, December 28, 2005

resolutions - a few days early

dude, resolutions suck. but as one of my favorite bloggers, karlababble, said earlier this week, it's a tradition. you should definitely check out her resolutions, because they are so good you'll want to steal them for yourself.

so, yeah...resolutions. shit, I don't know. I have so much room for improvement, it's hard to narrow it down to a list that's not overwhelming! I'll shoot for the top five:

1. eat healthier. or at the very least, stop eating so much crap. it should be easy enough. a few years ago, I completely changed my diet, started working out and lost about 50 pounds. then I met my wonderful future husband and stopped going to the gym, he took me out to dinner all the time and I gained it back. good times. which leads to my next resolution

2. be more active. I don't mean working out five or six times a week but it would be almost impossible to be less active so this one is kinda' cheating. although I guess I do have the option of keep my activity level exactly the same. I need to take walks, play tennis, do yoga. you get the idea.

3. take more pictures. this will be a big step towards professional photography, which is my ultimate career goal. and I haven't really made any strides in that direction in quite a while. it's pathetic really, I just need to get out and do it. no excuses.

4. find a job that doesn't make me die. or at least get more money for what I'm doing here. there are a lot of things that I do that no one else knows how to do and I have no backup for any of my responsibilities. some of my reports are read by the boss of my boss. and her boss and his boss. so yeah, it's a big deal. but I'm not really comfortable saying, "you guys would be so screwed if I left. I need more money." I need to be that kind of person. or I need to do something else. because my work is not valued here. screw that.

5. be more patient. with everyone. my kids, my husband, my mother, my sister, my co-workers, the outside world in general. I would have a lot more peace in my life if I could just let things go and not take them personally. and peace = good, I need peace.

so, that's done. of course I could go on for days but I think I'll stop at five. I really should try to spend more time and care on my appearance. and I should blog better. and do more house cleaning. and, wait, enough already. jeez, I'm not trying to be perfect.