Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Valentine's Day is coming up. I'm so excited! I told Brian this weekend that it is my favorite holiday because I love all things heart-shaped. we moved in together on Valentine's Day 2003 and we got engaged last Valentine's Day so that makes me love it even more.

we're getting a hotel room Friday night. it's probably been more than a year since we've spent the night alone in a hotel room. I got Brian an awesome ring, a titanium and gold watch, and last night I made a mix cd for him. I listened to it on the way to work to make sure it sounds okay. it's pretty lame when your own mix cd makes you all teary, but I don't care.

I used a font called "Heartland" that has a little heart on each letter and the cover is a picture I took yesterday on the way to work of a beautiful sunrise. the sky is all blue and pink and orange and yellow. here's the track list:

01. have I told you lately that I love you? - Van Morrison
02. stellar - incubus
03. the reason - hoobastank
04. crazy for you - madonna
05. the nearness of you - norah jones
06. I belong to you - lenny kravitz
07. push - sarah mclachlan
08. how sweet it is - joan osbourne
09. so happy together - the turtles
10. here's to love - renee zellweger/ewan mcgregor
11. lover's rock - sade
12. wonderful tonight - eric clapton

"Wonderful Tonight" is the song we danced to at our wedding. and it was the first song we ever danced to so it's really special to us. Brian is always making CDs for me but I've never done one for him. I hope he likes it.

I am getting this from him, which I am really, really, really excited about!

dooney bag

and yes, I know it's not fair that I already know what I'm getting and he doesn't. believe me, I heard all about it last night from the silly boy I married.

plans for Friday night/Saturday morning: hotel room, sex, dinner at Applebee's, maybe a movie, wine, candles, rose petals, a massage, more sex, presents, sleep, wake-up call, sex, showers, check out. the order might change but you get the idea. is it Friday yet?

No comments: