Friday, February 04, 2005

five months to the day

every time I log on to my blog, that artwork from my last post really makes me think about the wedding and that always makes me so happy. our wedding day was one of the best days of my life. having a kid is unquestionably the most amazing experience I've ever had. nothing could ever be better than that and I have three. but the wedding was definitely a close second, it was such an incredible day. everything went almost exactly as we had planned it and almost everyone we love was there to share it with us. I am so glad that Brian wanted an actual wedding. being so antisocial, at first I resisted. we thought we were going to have a small ceremony and reception but ended up with close to 100 people there. our families did so much to help us and the presents were so thoughtful and generous. it was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Brian's brother took pictures for us and they are beautiful. I couldn't stop smiling for a week. and every single day of these last five months has been just as wonderful.

I am so incredibly lucky to have found a man who is perfect for me in every way. someone who was willing to start a life with a woman with three kids and a lot of issues, someone who I trust with everything that I have, someone so thoughtful and tender and sweet and talented and smart and funny. on top of all of that, he is handsome, an incredible lover and can cook! I don't think any woman could ask for anything more. at least I know this one couldn't.

2 comments:

Todd S. said...

I told myself I wouldn't cry.

OK...I just can't read your blogs....it's like being inside my own head when you talk about you and Brian.

I feel very much the same when I think of the events that happened and the planets that aligned to put Nancy into my life and brought us together on the amazing path we're on. September will be 3 years. And it seems like just yesterday we were on our first date and I was embarrassed to ask her for a hug (and wouldn't have dared ask her for a kiss) because she was so amazingly beautiful and I didn't want to be shot down.

But she said yes.

Life really is amazing.

Michelle said...

yeah, sorry about that. I can't seem to help myself. once I start writing about my life since I met Brian, it gets all mushy and girly and I want to draw hearts around the whole thing. it's incredible to be part of this relationship and I never want to forget how lucky I am to be in it.

when did you and Nancy get married?