Tuesday, June 14, 2005

as of 8pm last night, we are officially kid-free until June 29th. guess how we celebrated...that's right, by having a glass of wine and going right to sleep! yeah, we're crazy when there are no kids around.

yesterday was an exhausting day though. we had to take my parents to the airport, which was more of an ordeal than taking children. they are visiting my most favorite relatives in Boston for about ten days. my stepdad was ridiculously nervous about the flight. to the point where he almost didn't go. he drove us (mostly me) crazy with all kinds of questions and he kept insisting on getting out of the wheelchair when it wasn't necessary. my mother, who had knee replacement surgery in 2000 and forgot to tell the TSA people at the security check, kept setting off the metal detector. they made it, finally. but next time, if there ever is a next time, someone else can take them.

the boy also left yesterday, about an hour after my parents so we spent about three hours at the airport after work. it's almost as tiring as spending hours at the doctor's office with a sick kid.

today I am totally worn out and my allergies are acting up and work is hell. we're going to my sister's tonight to plan out a big birthday party this weekend for her brother-in-law and me! it's going to be great. her kids are out of town until Sunday evening and Brian is in charge of the food so it should be a drinking/eating/laughing good time. even the weather is supposed to be decent, which is almost miraculous.

I keep forgetting to post my Photo Friday picture. this week's challenge is "Nerdy" and I have the perfect picture. I'll try to get it posted tonight but don't count on it.

4 comments:

Free to Be said...

Sounds like an exhausting day! Alone time is good, but I know what you mean about missing them.

Michele sent me!

Free to Be said...

Sounds like an exhausting day! Alone time is good, but I know what you mean about missing them.

Michele sent me!

Free to Be said...

How did I do that twice? Instead of Pic Friday, how bout, Freaky Friday!

LOL

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Time to relax a little, now you have that time.