Monday, July 18, 2005

lots of good stuff

Brian and I went on a mini-vacay with my sister and her husband to Put-in-bay this weekend. we left Friday night and came back Sunday afternoon. we had so much fun! the weather was warm but overcast so I didn't have to worry about a sunburn. we rented the world's slowest golf-cart to take us downtown to all the shops/bars. it didn't rained until we had been on the island for about six hours, which was perfect. I didn't die or hyperventilate on the ferry ride. we drank a bunch of yummy wine (too much!) at Heineman's Winery.the girls stayed with my other sister and it was nice not having to worry about them. the only bad thing was that it was kinda' dreary so I didn't take a lot of pictures. I'll post the ones I have after I finish reading Half-Blood Prince.

speaking of which, I am so happy that the new Harry Potter book is finally out! I've been waiting so impatiently, ever since I finished reading Order of the Phoenix a few months ago. since we were out of town this weekend, I didn't get mine until yesterday afternoon. so as soon as I finished rereading OotP, I started on HBP and read until bed time. Casey is already reading over my shoulder, impatient for me to finish so she can read it. I told her to read Order of the Phoenix again, which she agreed to after a little complaining. when I called her earlier today, she said she was reading. I should have asked her what she was reading!

we're moving at the end of this month. to a great house that is less than a block away from our current house. it's perfect for us. so much bigger than the one we're in now. the rent is a bit higher than what we're paying now but the house is a million times nicer so it will totally be worth it. we're so excited! and the girls can't wait either. we're signing the least tonight so if we get the keys I'll take some pictures and post them.

yay for good stuff!!!