Monday, August 01, 2005

great weekend=yes.

so many lovely things happened this weekend, I just have to write about some of them. it'll probably be boring to everyone else but I don't have a real post. I'm afraid this blog is turning into a place where I just post about whatever is going on in my life, and that wasn't my original intent. oh well, it's too late now!

I took Friday off because cable/internet was scheduled to be connected sometime between 8am and 7pm. could they be more vague? I woke up early because Brian and his friend Mark needed a ride to work. Mark was supposed to drive them in, Brian's car was in the shop, but his brother had his car and wasn't home in time for them to leave. I had planned on sleeping in until about 8 but had to get up at 6:30 instead. bleh.

after I took them to work, I went by the new house to arrange some of the stuff we had there in preparation for the big move on Saturday. I spent about an hour moving stuff around and then headed home for some breakfast. shortly after I finished eating, there was a very soft knock on the front door. I opened it up to find the boy standing there! it was a big surprise for both of us, I'm sure, because he probably expected me to be at work and I was completely shocked to see him. he was waiting for a friend and wanted to hang out while he waited. we had a nice talk about where he was living and what he had been doing. it was so wonderful to see him, I was so happy I wanted to cry.

of course, I was super busy that day with packing and cleaning so I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him that morning. I woke up the girls so we could get started and packed up a few more boxes. he left to see if his friend was home and came back shortly after we finished loading up the car. I teased him about having such great timing and coming back as soon as we finished. he asked if we wanted help with anything and I was more than happy to take him up on his offer. the four of us took a few carloads over to the house and I took everyone out for lunch. it was just a really nice morning/afternoon. when I told him that we were moving furniture the next day, he volunteered to help with that too.

Friday night we took Casey with us to a cookout. it was Honda Homecoming weekend and Brian's friend Terry always has a cookout before the light parade. it was great. there was tons of food and he had karaoke set up. lots of Brian's work people were there and everyone seemed to have a good time. we got home at about 10:30 and by then I was exhausted. we set the alarm for 7am and I went right to sleep.

two of the guys that were supposed to help us move had to back out because of work, which sucked. my sister helped a lot and we had Stephen so it wasn't too terrible. the kids moved small stuff and everyone actually worked really hard. we finished up around 1pm and it was an incredibly tiring and grueling day. after everyone left, we all did some unpacking, set up the beds and tried to relax before meeting the family at 6 to celebrate my mom's birthday. we got her a cell phone that she will hopefully use.

after dinner we all watched/listened to my brother-in-law's band play. it was fun. the kids were all there, including Stephen, it was a beautiful night and a lot of our friends were there. we were completely worn out but made it through the whole show. my niece got up and sang a song with her dad. I have a couple of great pictures of that. I'll post them as soon as I hook up the laptop again.

Sunday was cleaning-up-at-the-old-house day. big fun! my sister brought over a carpet cleaner from her work and the three of us spent about four hours cleaning everything. not fun. plus our vacuum cleaner broke and I somehow managed to tear up my right index finger with a steel wool pad while cleaning the oven racks. it's completely disgusting and sore and probably infected. it doesn't matter though, we are completely moved in and the new house is wonderful. I got to spend three great days with my son and he is doing well. hopefully we'll get to see him more often now.

today I am completely exhausted and sore but in the good way. I can't wait to get home tonight and do some more unpacking. maybe later this week we can hang up some pictures and stuff to make it feel more like home. Brian and I were both a little sad to leave the old house, which surprised us both. but it was the first house we lived in together, the place where we became a family, he proposed to me in our bedroom and it was the house we came home to after our wedding night. we have so many great memories there. I'm going to miss it.