Monday, October 17, 2005

my lunch today tasted as craptastic as it looked. I can't believe I actually thought it wouldn't be that bad. oh well, skipping a meal once in a while won't hurt me.

we had a really great weekend. it was Brian's birthday on Thursday. I left work a few hours early so the girls and I could put up some decorations before he came home from work. it was a lot of fun and he really appreciated our efforts. we went to our nephew's football game that night and out to dinner at Max+Erma's. yum!

Friday night we just stayed home and relaxed. it was nice to have a fairly quiet evening at home. Brian had to work Saturday morning anyway and then had band practice. we went to see my brother-in-law's band play that night and celebrated Brian's birthday with a few drinks. that was a lot of fun too.

two of our nieces stayed the night at our house with Casey while we were out and surprisingly there was no drama and no trouble! actually they are pretty good girls and it was nice to see them both. Sunday morning I made french toast for breakfast and that afternoon the girls and I went to the pumpkin farm with our godson. it was a little cold and windy but still sunny. the only bad part was when Casey got bitten on her forearm by a donkey! luckily it didn't break the skin but it was sore and red for a few hours :( tonight we're carving pumpkins. yay!

the rest of the day was uneventful. we watched some football and Brian made ribs for dinner. we watched a couple of movies (Shaun of the Dead on HBO and Hannah and I watched Mean Girls on DVD after that) until it was time for bed. it may not sound like much but it really was a perfect weekend. I wouldn't change a thing about it, except for maybe the donkey bite...