Monday, November 21, 2005

so the wedding we went to on Saturday was wonderful. the bride was so beautiful and the ceremony seemed to go smoothly. the reception was amazing and lots of fun. the groom works with Brian and they're fairly good friends outside of work too so it was really nice to be there to see him get married. he's a great guy, a lot of fun and his new wife is a wonderful, smart, sweet person. we're just so happy for them both.

one thing I didn't know before this weekend is that even though they had been together for more than five years and have been living together for most of that time, they were waiting until after they got married to have sex. I knew that they had separate bedrooms but I thought it might just be for their families. apparently not.

I was surprised, not only because he is so pervy and sex-obsessed (in a good natured, harmless way of course), but also because it seems pretty uncommon these days. or maybe it's not all that uncommon, I don't know. but to live together and build a relationship for that long and then bring sex into it seems a little risky in my opinion.

not that I am judging them at all, it's impressive more than anything else. I just know that it wouldn't work for me. I don't think I could make that commitment without knowing whether or not we were physically compatible. I know, there are ways to be intimate without having sex. but it's not the same thing.

I don't really know what the point of this post is supposed to be...seems like I had one when I started it.