Tuesday, December 27, 2005

x-mas

our weekend was lovely, as most of them are, aside from my mini-meltdown Friday night. I'll have to post some x-mas pictures this week. x-mas eve was so much fun, almost my whole family was there. we joked, laughed, ate, drank, talked and opened presents. it was completely exhausting though. by 8:30 I was ready for bed, but mean Brian wouldn't let me go to sleep that early. luckily the kiddos were tired too so we filled stockings at about 9:30 and I was asleep by 10:00.

our new x-mas morning tradition (since we moved in with Brian) is to wake up early and open presents and then drive over to Brian's brother's house for a yummy breakfast and gift exchange. his brother works third shift so we have to be over there before 9:00, which means we have to get up at about 7:00 to open our presents first. bleh. I hate getting up early, especially when I have the day off. but it's worth it because we always have a good time with his family and they're always so generous with the kids, which is the most important thing anyway.

Brian made a delicious x-mas dinner and his mommy came over with more wonderful presents. I really got some great gifts this year, including Simpsons' Clue, which is freakin' hilarious. Mr. Smithers as Mrs. White is my favorite, even though Hannah picked him/her every time we played.

everyone liked all their presents. Casey got a bunch of gift cards and money to spend on books at Borders and Barnes and Noble so she was really happy about that. and Brian made her a beautiful bookcase because she had already filled up her old one. Hannah and Stephen got lots of new clothes and some money too so they are happy teenagers.

I got exactly what I wanted this year. we are all together and everyone is healthy and happy. I know that's sappy and cliché but that's how I am sometimes. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday (or weekend if holidays aren't your thing). I'm looking forward to reading all about it as soon as you get back to your normal blogging schedules!

ps - am I the only one working today?