Wednesday, February 15, 2006

silly girls

the girls decided to learn to knit this weekend. all spur of the moment and everything. I know the basics, thanks to some 4-H when I was a kid, but hadn't done any knitting since junior high. Saturday afternoon we bought an instruction book, some needles and yarn and went home to practice. for hours.



Hannah caught on pretty quickly but Casey struggled a little bit and gave up. I think she'll give it another chance though, once she isn't feeling so frustrated. Hannah loves it, she's learned a ton of stitches and has already requested circular needles, which I got her for Valentine's Day. we've been watching Knitty Gritty on the DIY channel every time we can catch it. she's really into it, which is surprising. anyone who knows Hannah would probably not expect her to knit. but I think that's part of the reason she decided to do it. don't they look so cute?