Tuesday, March 07, 2006

irrelevant

Yesterday was lovely. I slept in late, had a yummy breakfast and watched a little television with the dog. I spent some time on the internet, bought something from Ebay, did some house-cleaning and laundry and just relaxed. It really was nice. I didn't come to any major decisions about my work situation, which probably means I'll stay where I am for now. We'll see, I guess.

I finished the book I was reading, A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. Maybe you've heard of it :) My sister lent it to me shortly after the whole controversy started about parts of it being exaggerated. But true or not true, it was a great story. I liked it a lot. I don't care about which parts were lies, I don't care that Mr. Frey may not have actually spent three months in jail or may not have gotten a root canal without anesthesia. I'm annoyed by the people who are acting as if Mr. Frey lied to them personally. It's just a book to me. Well-written, moving and brutal. Hell, I may even read the sequel, My Friend Leonard.

The rest of the day ended well. The girls and I made a cake when they got home from school, Brian made pizza for dinner and we played cards after the kitchen was cleaned up until it was time for Casey to go to bed. It really was a great day. And exactly what I needed.