Sunday, March 05, 2006

down time

I think I'm taking the day off tomorrow. At least that's my plan for now. Work has been pissing me off more than usual lately. I don't work well with people who don't think they should be held to the same rules as everyone else. I don't like being held to a higher standard than my peers. It annoys me to be the only one in my department who holds myself accountable for the work that I do. I definitely need a new job, probably at a new company.

The problem is that I make a good amount of money where I am and it will be hard to find something new without taking a big paycut. I think I'm going to try though. Because things really need to change soon. It's possible that things will get better in the fairly near future, but I doubt that my work situation will change all that much unless I do something drastic to change it. And I'm not sure that I care enough to do that.

The other problem is that if I quit, we may not be able to go to Vegas in the fall, which will totally suck. Because we're really looking forward to it. I don't know...it's a tough decision. Either way, things will suck. At least home stuff is going well. We had a great weekend with the girls, lots of fun. I went to my first Secret Treasures party, which lasted about a million years. And I managed to spend the whole day today in my pajamas! It doesn't get much better than that :)