Thursday, November 10, 2005

at 4:00 yesterday afternoon, the guy in the cubicle right beside me put four tickets for a Columbus Blue Jackets game on my desk and asked me if I could use them. the only problem was, the game was last night. I had never been to a hockey game and it kinda' sounded like fun. so I called Brian to see if he was interested and convinced him to go when he said that he was tired.

then I called my sister to see if she and her husband wanted to go with us. she did, but he was supposed to have band practice. luckily, he was on his cell phone talking to the guy who couldn't make it to practice. I didn't even have to trick her into promising him sexual favors for skipping practice, it got cancelled all by itself.

the game was so much fun! except for all the fights. Brian said that those are the only reason for watching hockey but I definitely could have done without them. the Jackets won, which is unusual apparently.

we had a couple of beers and some nachos and some laughs with our favorite couple to hang out with and got home at about 10:30. today though Brian stayed home sick. I guess I should have listened when he said that he was tired last night. bad wife. poor sick husband.