Monday, February 20, 2006

long time, no blog

I feel like I haven't been here in forever, even though I did post on Thursday. I have no excuse either, this is day four of a four-day weekend for me. it was a really lovely weekend, which may be why I wasn't online much. the girls had Friday and today off from school too, so that was nice. Brian took Friday off so he could join in the long weekend hijinks.

we visited my parents Friday afternoon, and ended up watching old home videos for about three hours. it was fun and funny and we had a good time there. my mother went back to the doctor this week and it looks like the diagnosis so far is Alzheimer's. this is bad news obviously, but at least we know what the problem is, which I consider a step in the right direction. and even if there's nothing we can do about it, at least we know what we're up against.

yeah, okay, that story kinda' took the wind out of my sails. plus I'm getting tired. back to the Olympics...